CLOUD PIRATES SETS SAIL WITH FULL FREE-TO-PLAY RELEASE ON APRIL 19
The Aerial Action MMO Launches With New “Stronghold” Update Bringing a Host of New Content and Modes
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 — Avast ye Cloud Pirates! The Allods Team and global publisher My.com are proud to announce that their aerial action MMO Cloud Pirates will release its full free-to-play experience on PC this April 19. With an impressive assortment of customizable airships pilot, players will be able to navigate the clouds and take part in exciting aerial battles by acquiring the title on Steam or the My.com website. Additionally, Cloud Pirates will launch with the “Stronghold” update providing new content and modes not previously found in early access.
The "Stronghold" update brings some exciting new additions to the Cloud Pirates universe including three-man teams, new ratings, Brotherhood Strongholds and Stronghold Siege mode! Also, Captains will now have the opportunity to modify their ship configuration prior or even during battle and to use powerful consumables! The update releases alongside the Cloud Pirates’ official launch on April 19.
Aspiring sky pirates wishing to get an early start on plundering the sky can purchase one of the various Founder’s Packs on sale at the Cloud Pirate website. In addition to early access to the title, each pack offers unique rewards to assist with each captain’s maiden voyage.
New in the “Stronghold” update:
- Three Party Groups and Personal Ratings - Now you and two of your friends can take to the skies and hunt together! Also, players will have the option to compare their performance with each ship with that of other Captains! Leaderboards with the names and ratings of the best Captains will be posted on a dedicated portal page for all to see!
- League System – Stronghold rolls out an all-new league system where Captains can compete to advance through each of the game’s six tiered leagues. Replacing the previous Captain ratings, ranking will be tied to individual ships providing a more refined matchmaking system to ensure equally skilled opponents for each Captain and ship.
- Brotherhood Strongholds - Captains who have chosen to ally themselves with one Brotherhood or another. They will now get the opportunity to spend the Meteoric Ore obtained in the past in Convoy Mode on creating their very own Brotherhood Strongholds!
- Stronghold Siege - Available to all Captains, this mode takes place on a special Stronghold map during specific times. The new mode tasks players with protecting their own Stronghold or attacking the enemy's. The attackers will be able to damage the enemy Stronghold by capturing points and destroying defensive structures with the ultimate goal of assaulting the heart of the enemy base. While the defenders must stop them at all costs! The winners will be rewarded with a new type of currency, allowing them to purchase special customization options – golden cannons.
- Combat Customization - Captains with Tier 2 ships or higher will have the option to change their ships' weapon and gear configuration after the start of a battle! This will allow experienced Captains to better face their enemies and to adjust their ship load-out for the ultimate performance! Captains will be able to create several pre-sets before the battle and will be able to switch between these pre-sets during the battle start countdown and after dying when waiting for the respawn at a cost.
- Consumables - Rank 4 Captains of Tier 2 ships or higher will have the option to use one-time consumables, acquired in the Hangar via the Equipment screen. These consumables will activate automatically and will come in three categories - Offensive (providing an additional ability), Defensive (passive bonus), Special (passive bonus). The consumables available will be unique to each ship and their price will depend on the ship's Tier.
For more information on the Stronghold update please visit: https://pirates.my.com/en/news/announcements/coming-soon-update-13-stronghold)
Cloud Pirates - Stonghold Update Trailer